Dermal fillers (Juvederm ™, Teosyal, Restylane™) are cross linked hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring human protein responsible for cushioning the skin and newer fillers or volumisers that are meant to fill larger volume loss like sunken cheeks, lost cheekbones, and very deep nasolabial folds and marionette lines. Injectable dermal fillers are designed to:
- Enhance volume in certain areas
- Erase wrinkles
- Augment lips (add volume and shape to lips)
- Induce collagen production
- Restores the youthful 3-dimensional contour of the face
- Fills the nasolabial folds (lines from the end of the nose to the end of the lips),
- Perioral area (wrinkles around the lips/smokers lines) is improved
- Wrinkles of the cheeks
- Improves the marionette lines (lines from the corners of the mouth to the jaw line, accentuating the downturn of the mouth)
- Lip augmentation which provides definition without looking overdone to lips which have become thin and wrinkled.
- Other areas include filling in acne scars
- Improves "Tear-trough deformity" (hollow under-eye circles), as well as volumising hollow cheeks(cheek-lift)
- Re-sculpting the jaw line by lessening the effect of jowls and sagging fillers last between 12 to 24 months depending on the type of filler.
Fillers last between 12 to 24 months depending on the type of filler.
PDO Threads - POA
Lifting treatments that use special threads have been executed for several years. There are many different kinds of threads on the market. The latest product used in such treatments is called a PDO thread. In contrast to the previously used threads, PDO threads do not have hooks or tapers that suspend tissue. The lifting effect is achieved by a special thread weave and polydioxanone (PDO) which has properties that stimulate the synthesis of collagen and elastin, helping to tighten and smooth the contours of the face.
PDO Threads technology is based on using the natural skin tension lines, which also causes an effect similar to a surgical facelift.
By introducing the PDO Threads in the skin, we get immediate improvement in its appearance. After about 10-14 days, synthesis of the body’s natural proteins (collagen and elastin) begins. This process continues throughout the period of maintaining the threads in the body (up to 240 days). The resulting aesthetic effect continues typically for up to 24 months. When using the thread, we are strengthening the sagging tissue. Due to the rapid absorption of thread, there is no risk of thickening and scarring.
- Vertical and horizontal forehead wrinkles
- Drooping eyebrows
- Clear nasol-labial folds
- Double chin
- Drooping cheeks and the area under the lower jaw
- Folds of skin on the cheek
- Wrinkled cheeks